Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Year...A time to Return

Today was the first day that I had the house to myself since before Christmas. My hubby went back to work and the kids were back at school.

The guest room is vacant.

There's no fighting or laughter.

The decorations are now completely down.

It felt empty.

I felt a little bit lost.

I had no plan...sure there's always something to do. But not like it was a few weeks ago.

As I reflected, I realized that all the time I spent before Christmas making gifts, spending time with my crafting friend, actually made Christmas all the more important to me:

room decor for my girls

Neck Warmers for the girls and their friends

Calendar for my husband


Chalkboard Coasters

wreaths for neighbors and sister

 I know that there were more that I'm forgetting about...like pretzels... and costumes...and glass block presents...I just don't have a picture of them!

Anyways, back to what I was saying...

I loved the crafting...and sewing...and candy making...but for January, I think that I need to return to the one project that gives me pure joy... 

The one thing that needs alone and quiet time...

My first love... 

Scrapbooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment