Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Crafters-in-Training

This past weekend was cold. Really cold. It was a weekend to stay indoors.

The girls thought that their American Girl dolls needed warmer clothing than what's in their closet (!). Thankfully, they had a plan. 

(Really, nothing warms my heart like my girls wanting to 'craft' together. Either #1. they're older OR #2. their mom has more patience than she used to Or #3. a bit of both!)

Anyways, back to their plan...

They found this article in the AG magazine. Touques:


Thankfully, we had all the supplies. I had no intention of driving around in -30 degree weather for a doll's touque. I do have priorities. (But, if it was for my project...)


mitten, ribbon and sequins
 We put the mitten on the doll's head and tied the fingers together with a ribbon:

Cut the tips of the fingers off (on the mitten)



And added some decoration:


I'm pretty proud of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment