Friday, January 28, 2011

Lemon Sandwich Cookies


We're entering birthday season again. That must be why I have 'cake' on the brain. While searching for a cake recipe in this book:


I found a yummy lemon cookie recipe. I love anything lemon! The best part? Only 4 ingredients!

Cookie (slightly adapted from the above book):

1 pkg. lemon cake mix
1 egg
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp. lemon zest

Mix ingredients with an electirc mixer on low for 1 minute. Shape dough into 1" balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Place on greased baking sheets and press with the botton of a glass. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on wire racks.


I then 'sandwiched' the cookies with a lemon buttercream icing. All I did was make a standard buttercream icing and added 1 tbsp. of lemon juice.

I don't even want to guess at the calories...but they sure were yummy!


I'm still looking for a cake recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment