Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Out of the mouths...

What's one of the worst things that can happen to a Mom?

Yup...the dryer breaks down.

For a couple of weeks, clothes (not mine) have been getting caught in the drum and I've had to yank them out at the end of each cycle.

They've ended up with holes and black marks. Yes, it was a concern...but not a crisis.

...Until my clothes were getting caught. Something had to be done.

So my hubby took the dryer apart.

...And a good friend took my load of wet kid jeans to her house to dry. How nice is that?! (And, I might add, in minus 30 degree weather!).

After she folded them, her daughter came home from school, saw them, and asked why they had my laundry at their house. My friend explained that Mr. O.M. was fixing my dryer.

Without missing a beat she asked, "Why doesn't she get a real man to do that?"

In all honesty, I know that she meant 'repair man' but it was so gosh darn funny that I laughed most of the afternoon over that comment. And, of course, I loved telling that story over dinner!

'real' man (in flannel pants - I'm so dead)

Oh yeah...the dryer is fixed. Thanks hon. Life is back to normal.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad everything worked out and that a "real man" wasn't required!! Rockin' the flannels by the way!

    ReplyDelete