Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Christmas Glitter

Despite the chilly weather, it was a great weekend:

* the girls had a sleep over at Grandma and Grandpa's sooo...
* Mr. O.M and I went out for lunch and did some Christmas shopping ON OUR OWN!
* our family was able to get together with new friends, as well as old;
* some Christmas decorations went up;
* the girls and their dad went sledding (yes, they are crazy and it didn't last long)
* I 'helped' my sister with her dress for the Christmas party. She's going to look AMAZING. I was pretty much the moral support part of the duo (I fed her monster cookies).

and...

* I did some crafting with glitter:

I had all the supplies to make my own glitter ornaments for the tree:

styrofoam balls
glue
glitter

So...how hard can this be?

This is how I started...

Mistake #1 Brush glue on the balls:

Next time, I'll use the spray adhesive.

Then I just sprinkled the glitter on the ball.


Because I used elmer's glue, it all started to droop (with the glitter) to the bottom. Oops.

Mistake #2: Not having a plan for drying them. They rolled and bumped into each other and ended up losing a lot of glitter and glue.  

Anyways, once they dried, I figured that they were good enough for my tree.



But, honestly, next time I'll spend the $3 at Walmart for ornaments. And save myself the time of cleaning up the glitter that is still everywhere

Hope your weekend went just as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment