Friday, November 26, 2010

Bubblegum Wreath

About a year ago, I saw this wreath. I loved the simple idea of using a coat hanger to make a wreath. Because I had an excess of ornaments, I made a couple of them:




But what I really wanted to make was a 'bubblegum' wreath, made with pretty colours that little girls love. Actually, I wanted to make two of them. One for each girl and hang it on their doors for Christmas. And if I waited until after Christmas, I could get a selection of ornaments for cheap. And I did. Canadian Tire had boxes of beautiful ornaments for $1 a box. Sweet. I picked up as many as they had.

Glass Floral Ball Ornaments, 4-Pk

I started to make their wreaths and quickly remembered that they take an insane amount of ornaments. I only had enough for one wreath and in fact there was a problem with the ornaments:



They were glass not shatterproof. Oops. However, I only had one casualty...  


...and a wreath not fit for a girl's door. Because we all know that little girls love to slam doors. So I put it on their bathroom door. They don't ever bother shutting that one, no matter how many times I tell them!

So, this year after Christmas, I'll look for shatterproof ornaments and, oh, I probably won't use the white ones again - they don't show up very well. I could try to move the ornaments, but I'm not going to fiddle with a glass wreath!

No comments:

Post a Comment