Friday, October 29, 2010

'Cute' Little Devil

I had mixed feelings when my oldest wanted to be a devil for Hallowe'en. I mean, why couldn't she be an angel? or perhaps a fairy? 

That's when I realized that she's growing up. The 'cuteness' of Halloween will almost be over for her. And, with a typical 9 year old stubborn streak, I knew that the more I tried to convince her to be something else, the more convinced she would be to dress as a devil. So, off I went to fabric store...



She didn't want make up, but we did paint her nails black and curl her hair. (Although, she did tell me that devils don't usually have their hair curled)


(I thought that by making a cape, it can also be used for a  future magician's costume, or perhaps -yikes- a vampire)

When I dropped her off, I told her how cute I thought she looked.

"Mommm! I don't want to be cute!"

I told her that she'll always be cute to me...no matter what she wears...or how old she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment