Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Batteries Not Included


Yesterday was quite a productive day!

#1: My mom and dad brought some apples from B.C. for me to make applesauce. It really doesn't take long when you have one of these:

I have no idea what this is called, but it came from my grandma. I think my sister, Barb, had it and she inadvertantly left it at my house one year. (NO - I did not steal it!) The great thing about this gadget is that I don't have to peel the apples, only core them. By moving the wooden thingamajig (a very technical term in my house) around, the softened apples are strained and I get a very smooth applesauce.

However, after doing this for the third time, I must have sighed and my youngest heard me.

She asked, "Are you tired, Mom?"

"Yes, dear, I'm tired".

For then she replied "Are the batteries not included?"

Huh?!?! "Uhh...nooo...there are no batteries."  (Do you think she watches too many Mattel commercials?)

Anyways, by making my own applesauce, I end up with this in the freezer. I just have to grab one in the morning for lunches and the kids love it (which makes all the work worth it).


#2: As for my second big chore: My Friend, Debbie set up a blog for me to keep in touch with family and friends who live far away! This is BIG for me, as I'm not very techy. I spent most of the night just looking at the blog and moving stuff around. Now that I (sort of ) have the hang of this, I think that it'll be easy to keep up. Thanks Deb!

And, no, batteries aren't included. (Although sometimes, I wish they were!)

1 comment: