Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Peppermint White Chocolate Popcorn

This is the Best. Popcorn. Ever. I can't tell you how many requests I've had for the recipe in the last 2 years that I've been giving it away as a gift. To be honest, I think I've lost the original recipe and now I just go by memory. I mean, really, how can you mess up with chocolate and peppermint?

Step 1: Gather your ingredients...pretty easy since there are only 3.

Peppermint candy canes (I like the red and white)
White Chocolate Wafers
Popcorn



Step 2: Pop popcorn so you get approx. 24 cups.

Step 3: Crush package of candy canes into small pieces.

Step 4: In a microwave safe bowl, melt candy wafers (entire package) in microwave on low. Stir occasionally until smooth.

Step 5: Pour chocolate over popcorn. Stir. Sprinkle on candy canes. Stir. (I find it easier to stir if I separte the popcorn into 2 parts.)


Step 6: Spread on wax lined cookie sheet.

Notice that I forgot the wax paper?
Place in fridge until cool. I use the garage. Lately, it's been cold enough. When it's cool, bring inside and break apart. I found these cute bags at Michaels to put it in.


Yum!


1 comment:

  1. I really want to do this now! I am sure I can fit it in somewhere..thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete